Zines are self-published, small-circulation, often nonprofit books, papers, or websites.
They usually deal with topics too controversial or niche for mainstream media, presented in an unpolished layout and unusual design.
What is the purpose of a zine?
projects. It appeals to youth because it is much more honest in its intentions. Before zines became what they are today there was an amateur press movement. in which publications were created by people who then distributed them to a larger. group of people through mail.
How do you make a zine?
- Fold a piece of paper in half.
- Fold it in half the other way.
- Fold the paper in half vertically.
- Unfold and cut the zine.
- Fold the paper along the horizontal fold.
- Push the paper to form a plus sign.
- Fold the top and bottom legs of the plus sign over.
- Fold the left leg over clockwise and crease.
How many pages is a zine?
Page count varies from as few as 8 pages and up. The traditional binding process for zine printing is saddle stitching, which can accommodate a publication of up to 92 pages.