The flap of a book is the part of the cover folded to appear on the inside front and back of a book.
Book flaps contain information designed to help sell the book, as well as information about the book’s author.
What goes on the back of a book cover?
Write a short summary of what your book is about.
Again keep it tight – write only a paragraph or two. If it’s a novel, you must include the story’s most engaging plot points. For a non-fiction book, authors should make a bullet point list of the book’s main features and actually put that list on the back cover.
What information goes on a book cover?
It has one purpose: to sell the book by intriguing the right readers. The essential elements of a front cover include title and author name. Optional elements include the subtitle (if there is one) and photos, background images or graphics.
What are the sections of a book called?
Books are generally divided into three sections: front matter, principal text, and back matter.
- Half-title page.
- Title page.
- Copyright page.
- Table of Contents.
How do you write a synopsis?
Part 2 Drafting the Synopsis
- Write in third person.
- Introduce your main characters and conflict at the beginning.
- Summarize the main events of the plot.
- End with resolution of the book.
- Include only necessary information.
- Demonstrate character development and emotion.
- Avoid complimenting your own writing.
What is the best color for a book cover?
Dark background colors like black or navy blue form book covers that convey a sense of seriousness, suspense or authority. Pastels such as pale yellow or green soften the look and, therefore, are often suitable for book covers of heartfelt stories and lighter subject-matter.
What makes an effective book cover?
9 authors’ tips for a brilliant book cover design
- Think like a reader, not like a writer. _
- Think of your cover as a key piece of a puzzle. _
- Nail your audience. _
- Avoid clichés. _
- Stick to your key message – and write it down. _
- Make your readers feel something. _
- Stay open-minded. _
- Use social media to get input from fans – and listen! _
What should a blurb include?
- Look at blurb samples. Think about your favorite blurbs and what about them draws you in.
- Figure out your target audience. Ask yourself who you want your blurb to reach.
- Identify your main characters.
- Tease out the plot or argument.
- Note your primary themes.
What should be included in a book summary?
Method 2 Drafting and Editing the Summary
- Check if there are length requirements for your summary.
- Write the summary in chronological order.
- Describe the major plot points and characters.
- Explain the main points of the book’s sections.
- Conclude by stating the book’s key idea.
- Don’t include your opinion in the summary.