- Travel. It may seem like a strange first tip, but if you don’t travel you can’t write.
- 3. Make sure your work is free of mistakes.
- Start knocking on doors.
- Create your own website.
- Take high resolution photographs.
- Register on travel writer websites.
- Know what’s going on in the travel industry.
How do you start a piece of travel writing?
Write the travel story only you can tell with these five tips.
- State your quest. Every journey is a quest, whether you know it or not.
- Plant a question in the reader’s mind.
- Tell the story of what drew you to this place.
- Tell a small story.
- End with a change.
- 19 comments.
How much does a travel writer make?
Salary and Job Outlook
According to the BLS, writers and authors, including travel writers, earned an annual median salary of $60,250 in 2015.
How do I become a freelance travel writer?
Tips for becoming a freelance travel writer:
- Create portfolio of your work. No-one will hire you if they can’t see examples of your writing.
- Advertise that you’re available.
- Regularly search job websites or Facebook groups for opportunities.
- Pitch travel brands with a few article ideas.
- Start small.
What degree do you need to be a travel writer?
If you want to embark on a career as a travel writer, you need to have at least a bachelor’s degree in a course that will hone your writing skills.